Mother Teresa Early Learning Centre caters to families in the Gungahlin area and invites your child to take their first step into Catholic Education in the Archdiocese of Canberra Goulburn.
Our preschool program offers:
- Classes of 22 children led by a team which includes a highly qualified Early Childhood Teacher and two Educators.
- Early childhood educators who are working towards becoming certified language and literacy specialists.
- A child-led, interest-based curriculum guided by the Early Years Learning Framework (EYLF) of Australia.
- A philosophy that values partnerships with families and children as competent and independent learners. Our philosophy also guides us in risk taking, nature play, sustainable practices and walking alongside Indigenous peoples in a shared journey to care for Country.
- A rich community that focuses on a sense of belonging, pastoral care and support for all children and their families.
- A facilitated and supported transition into our Catholic Primary schools.
Mother Teresa Early Learning Centre is a registered long day care and attracts the Australia government Child Care Subsidy (CCS) if eligible.
There are several enrolment options. We offer Preschool (9:00am-3:00pm) or Preschool Plus (8:00am-5.30pm).
Preschool and Preschool Plus are offered as a 40-week (school term) or 48-week program (includes school holidays, minus a 4 week shutdown over Christmas/New Year).
Children can be enrolled in the above programs either full-time or for a 5 day fortnight (Mon, Tues, alternate Wednesday OR Thur, Fri, alternate Wednesday)
HOW TO ENROL
The minimum age for enrolment in an ELC is 4 years by 30 April in the year of enrolment.
Submission of an application does not guarantee a place in your school of choice. An offer for your first choice of ACT Catholic ELC will depend on your priority enrolment area.
A non-refundable application fee applies.
You can now enrol online, through the onlink enrolment link:
To complete the application form, you will need to upload the following information. Original documents will need to be presented at the time of interview.
- Birth certificate (not commemorative) or passport.
- Certificate of Baptism (if applicable).
- Student’s immunisation records (applicable to all NSW schools and ACT Primary).
- Family Law, Personal Protection Order or Other Relevant Court Orders (if applicable).
- Any previous ELC reports (if available).
- Visa grant notice for permanent and temporary visa-holders (if applicable) – for both student and parent(s) / legal guardian(s).
- Any medical reports and/or other assessment reports for students with additional learning needs (if applicable).
- Proof of residential address, such as electricity, water or telephone bill.
Once the application has been submitted, you will receive an email with the completed application. Please ensure this document is signed accordingly (all relevant legal guardians and parents) and submitted to the preschool at the time of interview.
Contact the Preschool